top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for public housing?

Contact us by email at, by telephone at 218-927-2151 or click this link.

How much will I pay for rent?

Your rent will be based on 30% of your gross adjusted income.  The Aitkin HRA Staff will determine your exact rent amount.

What do I do if my income changes?

If you have a change in income, you must report to the Aitkin County HRA within 10 days.

What do I do if I need something repaired in my unit?

You can call or email the Aitkin County HRA and request a Work Order during business hours.  For emergency work order requests after normal business hours, maintenance staff contact numbers are provided to residents.

How do I pay my rent?

Rent can be paid with check or money order.  The Aitkin County HRA offers the option for no-hassle rent payments through automatic withdrawal from your bank account.

bottom of page